Sand Cake – How to Bake Cake at Home Without an Oven
Cakes and other desserts were successfully prepared on the stovetop before the invention of gas and electric ovens and were loved by many.
Sand baking creates stunning birthday cakes with basic ingredients found in every kitchen and is relatively economical.
How To Bake Cake with Stone ~ No-Bake Sand Cake
Baking on sand is not like baking a standard cake with a gas cooker that has an oven, where you just adjust the temperature and wait for the cake to bake.
You must sit and keep an eye on the cake as it bakes.
What is Sand Baking? Why is it Called Sand Cake ~ Sand Cake Meaning?
Similar to Golden Oreo Sand Pudding, Sand baking is a slow cooking technique in which the cake is exposed to dry heat for long a long period of time while using sand as a heat transmission medium.
When baking a sand cake ensure you use a round baking pan, so the cake can bake evenly. It can be served plain, be iced, or buttered.
Homemade Easy Sand Baking Recipe ~ How to Bake Cake at Home ~ Sand Cake Recipe
You will need the following ingredients to cook the cake on sand:
Ingredients for Baking Cake
- 1 Large aluminum pot with a lid(cover)
- A Rack or an aluminum bowl that fits the pot
- Foil paper
- 300 Grams of flour
- 150 Grams of sugar
- 2 Glass cups of milk
- 4 Eggs
- 120 Grams of butter
- 1 Levelled tablespoon Baking Powder
- Any flavor of your choice
How to Bake Sand Cake dessert at Home Without an Oven
- Firstly, prepare your baking pan by greasing it with butter and lightly dusting it with flour.
- Secondly, carefully put the clean sand into the pot, cover with a rack or an aluminum bowl, and heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, as the pot is heating up, combine the butter and sugar and begin mixing until it is fluffy and light.
- After that, break all of the eggs into a bowl, making sure to separate the egg yolks from the whites, and beat until smooth.
- Then add the egg into the butter and sugar and continue mixing.
- To sum up, add the flavor, milk, baking powder, and flour and then mix them properly together.
- Combine all and slowly pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Carefully, open the hot pot and place your baking pan on the hot rack.
- To prevent heat from leaking through the sides of the lid, wrap the pot with foil paper before placing the lid.
- Allow the cake to bake for about 5 minutes on medium heat, then decrease to low heat and continue baking for 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the cake.
- You must be careful when baking so that the sand does not get into the cake.
- After 15 minutes open the pot and check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake.
- If the cake is done the toothpick comes out dry, if it comes out moist, bake it for a few more minutes and test with a toothpick again after 5 minutes.
- If you see that the cake is about baked when checking it, simply turn off the stove and let the heat from the sand underneath cook through, then check again and remove it from the pot.
- Lastly, when the dessert is done, remove it from the hot pot and set it aside to cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cake rack or a plate.
Your cake is ready, serve and enjoy!