At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed positive amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 12 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N24.92 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 38,968.34 points, to reflect a gain of 0.12% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Wednesday 15th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.30 trillion from N20.28 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –3.23%.
The market breadth closed negative as UPDC led 14 Gainers, and 18 Losers topped by TRANSCOHOT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,302.38 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UPDC up +9.64% to close at N1.82
- NNFM up +9.59% to close at N8.00
- OANDO up +6.21% to close at N4.62
- LEARNAFRI up +5.88% to close at N1.44
- HONYFLOUR up +3.83% to close at N4.07
NGX ASI Top losers
- TRANSCOHOT down –10.00% to close at N4.50
- CHIPLC down –9.43% to close at N0.48
- PRESTIGE down –8.33% to close at N0.44
- CHAMPION down –8.17% to close at N1.91
- LASACO down –7.69% to close at N1.20
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- UNIVINSURE – 17,987,052 units
- ZENITHBANK – 9,711,718 units
- UCAP – 9,341,841 units
- TRANSCORP – 9,082,603 units
- ACCESS – 9,023,766 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- MTNN – N1,011,344,768.00
- NESTLE – N703,541,645.10
- SEPLAT – N471,878,850.00
- ZENITHBANK – N229,355,692.90
- ACCESS – N83,787,940.10
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 14 gainers were surpassed by 21 losers.