Nigeria News Headlines from Naija News Website For Today, 25 September 2023 have been compiled below by NaijaOnPoint Nigeria Reporter.
NaijaOnPoint Nigeria has compiled the top 10 Nigeria News Headlines and Naija News from Nigerian newspapers. This means that the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria today can be accessed on this page.
Top 10 Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News For Today, Monday 25 September 2023 Can be accessed below:
1. Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has revoked 21 plots of land in the Central Business District (CBD) of Abuja. In the revocation notice that Mr Olusade Adesola, the Permanent Secretary in the FCT Administration, signed on his behalf, Wike explained that the lands were revoked for continued contravention of the terms of development of the Right of Occupancy to wit non-development.
2. Binta Zubairu, Justice of the Court of Appeal, has said judges are wrongly accused of delay in dispensing justice. Speaking in Zaria, Kaduna State, during a reception organised on the occasion of her elevation as an Appeal Court judge, Zubairu said judges work in a team with the prosecutors, lawyers and others and as such should not be blamed for the delay in the dispensation of justice.
3. The Federal Government at the weekend warned electricity workers against vandalising the national grid during strike. Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu said at the weekend that doing so was not only a criminal act but also a sabotage of efforts to provide Nigerians with steady power supply.
4. Stakeholders at a meeting in Imo State have called on the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC) to address late arrival of materials and other bottlenecks surrounding collection of permanent voter cards to enhance credibility in the forthcoming governorship election. Mr. Samuel Ozonna from the Civil Society Organization called for more sensitization of citizens to enhance participation.
5. To forestall security breaches, the police have assured voters of its preparation towards the November 11 governorship elections in Kogi, Imo, and Bayelsa states. Part of the security measures to be deployed is the use of drones for proper monitoring and nipping likely violence in the bud, warning those that were planning to instigate violence to stay off the states.
6. President Bola Tinubu has ordered security agencies to rescue the remaining female students of the Federal University Gusau (FUG), in the Sabin Gida area of Zamfara State. Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, in a statement, yesterday, said the President condemned the reprehensible act of abduction, stressing that there was no moral justification for such heinous crimes.
7. The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, on Sunday slammed the Organised Private Sector, OPS, over its opposition to a nationwide strike on the grounds that the economy cannot withstand country-wide industrial action now. It said that the OPS was opposing the strike because it wanted to continue paying slave wages to workers.
8. The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has insisted that there is no going back on the construction of concrete roads, saying President Bola Tinubu has approved that it should be enforced. He, however, urged road construction companies nationwide to learn from the ingenuity of Sermatech Nigeria Limited.
9. The Governorship Election Petition Tribunal in Lagos will today, Monday, deliver judgment in the suits challenging the election of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu. The Justice Arum Ashom-led panel communicated this message to parties on Saturday.
10. Marauding Boko Haram insurgents have killed 10 farmers and abducted several others in Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State. The attack occurred late Saturday afternoon in the fields between Bulakunkumma and Maiwa villages of the Baram Karowa ward of the LGA. The insurgents also obtained N4 million from a businessman in Zannari ward as ransom.
That’s the Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News For Today, Monday 25 September 2023 from across Nigerian Newspapers today, Kindly check back tomorrow for more. You can also read today’s Naija News on NaijaOnPoint Nigeria.