Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Read more about this company
Supply Chain Supervisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Cross River
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Planning and supervising the execution of the supply chain activities in the project or capital (order, procurement, transport and customs and stock management) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
- Responsible for local purchases in Calabar for the running of Office, Guesthouse and MSF-WaCA supported health facilities (Ndebijji, Akor, CTC, emergency needs, etc).
- With the support of the Deputy supply Coordinator and Logistics Manager, line up local and international procurement and transport according to operational needs.
- Supervise the collection of quotations for recurrent purchases (fuel, stationery, hygiene products, etc.) in order to sign framework agreements with selected suppliers.
- Update supply tools (monitoring, following back order, pricelist, supplier list…) and closing of completed purchasing activities.
- Update of the supplier listing for the project and follow up with the coordination on project international procurements.
- Maintain existig filing system for all supply-related documents; carry out weekly filling for closed Internal requests, LPO, SO and receipts for future reference.
- Inform requesters and line manager on the status of the demands (pending, backorder, etc) on the market variabilities (prices, scarsity, etc).
- Report monthly purchasing activities (total number of IR, LPO, SO, and FO treated) and share with line manager.
- As a supply supervisor of the project logistics team, update the the log manager of any difficulty in carrying out assigned tasks.
- Carry out any other logistics tasks as instructed by the supervisor ( Log Manager): support Logbase/ Logsupervisor/ facilities Officer also fill in gap during leave.
- Follow up all job requests in Office/Guesthouse/Pharmacy, make a weekly round in all facilities and report of any breakdown (elec, water leakage, etc)
- Make a weekly round and update for closer maintenance and servicing on different equipment ( AC, computers, dispenser, generator, etc and update on the whiteboard in Logistics office.
- Collaborate with the various departments to accelerate procurement and foster a very good working relationship with the departments
- With the support of your supervisor, ensure a proper market survey is done and an established supplier listing at the project level.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: A technical diploma in Supply Chain Management is required.
- Experience: Required 1-2 years of previous experience in the Logistics Department as well as previous experience in Supply chain-related position. Experience with MSF or other NGO is desirable.
- Languages: English requires additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Computer literacy (word, excel) is required.
- Competencies and Qualities: Flexibility, Teamwork and Cooperation, Result, service and quality Orientation, stress Management and Commitment to MSF Principles.
- According to the MSF salary scale (Level 6) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Updated CV, Copies of all certificates and diplomas, Work Certificates, Cover Letters, valid ID cards (NIN or Driver’s license or Voter’s card or International Passport), Computer certifications and any other important documents to: [email protected] using “SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR – CROSS RIVER” as the subject of the mail
Interested and qualified? Go to Medecins Sans Frontieres on forms.office.com to apply
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.