Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The Wellbeing Foundation Africa – Founded in 2004, The Wellbeing Foundation Africa (WBFA) was created with the aim of improving health outcomes for women, infants and children whilst working towards the systemic and structural changes in the areas of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Gender Equality and Opportunity (GEO). At the WBFA, we combine our prog…
Read more about this company
Project Lead (Programs & Policy Manager)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 10 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- Salary Range ₦200,000 – ₦300,000/month
Scope of work:
WBFA is seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong clinical and programmatic acumen to fill ... of Project Lead (Programs & Policy) Manager. The successful candidate will be tasked with the medical management of all external, internal programs from WBFA’s Abuja Office as well as other related activities implemented by WBFA. A candidate with experience in the international NGO sector would be preferable, but more importantly, the candidate will be someone adapt in project management, service delivery, capacity building of WBFA staff and community intervention. Ad hoc medical tasks would also be required of the candidate.
- The Project Lead (Programs & Policy) Manager shall be responsible for the supervision and day-to-day management of WBFA Abuja office health activities.
- Supporting WBFA and donor/partner activities and programs with applied medical knowledge and skills in prevention, diagnosis, and treatment according to national guidelines and protocols
- Provide on-the-job support to WBFA and facility staff (where programs are ongoing) including training and skills development as needed
- Together with WBFA Abuja program staff, coordinate with healthcare stakeholders in FCT- Abuja e.g Facility CMDs, Commissioner of Health, State Primary Health Development Board, Area Councils, and other actors in the sector whilst maintaining good relations with them,
- Will oversee the stock management of medicines, medical supplies, and Medical equipment and support the WBFA Abuja and central office as well as partner health facilities to prepare timely requisitions for replenishment based on consumption records.
- Seek out and nurture quality partnerships with community structures and support staff in coordination of activities with partner agencies.
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure effective delivery of project and organizational goals.
- Monitor and supervise the WBFA staff and midwives under his/her supervision, and ensure that work is done properly and efficiently
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and provide written feedback in a timely manner.
- Develop ongoing education programs for health staff, and conduct trainings and on-the-job training for health staff.
- Review personnel issues and concerns of health staff and assist in determining and implementing solutions.
- Determine personnel needs for field-level activities and in coordination with the National Administrator and Human Resources Manager, assist in recruitment of staff.
Grant Management & Reporting:
- Ensure project activities are implemented according to the work-plan and within the allocated budgets.
- Prepare weekly work-plans with the health teams.
- Provide recommendations and interventions to correct any identified deviations that affect budget and programmatic adherence.
- Weekly activity reports writing
- Supervise and regular review and revise training manuals to maintain consistency with the acceptable protocols.
- Responsible for validation of program data and timely submission to M&E on weekly basis.
- Work with M&E team to analyze data on a weekly/monthly basis, feeds information back to the program, and adapts strategies accordingly.
- Supports the HR Manager, Programs officer and M&E officer in monitoring and following up on specific indicators.
- Thought-leadership and medical diligence/analysis of new partnership and program opportunities.
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with other relevant sectors such as Reproductive Health, Women Protection & Empowerment, Child Protection and Environmental Health to ensure a holistic WBFA service package is available in response to the needs.
- Ensures teamwork and professional relationship between the different sectors and government agencies.
- Works closely and coordinates with WBFA finance, and grant staff to ensure activities are conducted within the timeframe and compliance of the grants.
- Undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with national NGOs, international organizations, MoH, donors and community stakeholders.
- Maintain effective relations with the Ministry of Health and its MDAs
- Represent WBFA during site visits of external guests and WBFA office visitors.
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) from a recognized institution, with strong public
- Health background, Masters in public health is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years post internship experience in clinical medicine and public health.
- Experience in supervising health staff at the Primary Health Care level.
- Have sound understanding of the Nigerian Public Health system landscape.
- Ability to work with communities with diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Preferably trained in Basic (and Comprehensive) Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care
- Certificates or Licenses: Must be registered with the Medical & Dental Council of Nigeria
- High level of integrity and dependability with leadership qualities
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.