Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The Physiotherapist will be responsible for carrying out assessments to evaluate their patients’ range of movement and ability to carry out everyday tasks.
- The incumbent plans and develops bespoke treatment plans, which help patients to regain their independence and mobility by using purposeful activity, write patient case notes, and liaise with other healthcare professionals.
- The holder will be responsible to diagnose, assess and treat physical conditions.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Work with patients who have a range of conditions, including neurological, neuromusculoskeletal, cardiovascular and respiratory, sometimes over a period of weeks
- Diagnose, assess and treat their physical problem/condition.
- Develop and review treatment programmes that encourage exercise and movement by the use of a range of techniques
- Involve parents and carers in the treatment, review and rehabilitation of patients.
- Educate patients and their carers about how to prevent and/or improve conditions.
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics.
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GPs, occupational therapists and social workers, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients, as well as to refer patients who require other medical attention.
- Keeping up to date with new techniques and technologies available for treating patients.
- Supervise student and junior physiotherapists and physiotherapy support workers.
- To be legally responsible and accountable.
- To act in a caring, compassionate and professional at all times.
- Making assessments of patients’ physical conditions.
- Formulating treatment plans to address the conditions and needs of patients.
- Conducting complex mobilization techniques.
- Assisting trauma patients with how to walk again.
- Educating patients, family members, and the community on how to prevent injuries and live a healthy lifestyle.
- Referring patients to doctors and other medical practitioners.
- Planning and organizing physiotherapy and fitness programs.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned.
- This role reports to the Head of Physiotherapy.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy with other relevant certifications
- Good Team Player
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Leadership Skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- NYSC Certificate
- Valid practicing license
- Experience working as a physiotherapist.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to build and maintain rapport with patients.
- Teamwork skills.
- Administration skills.
- Good health and fitness.
- Tolerance and patience.
- Excellent communication skills for dealing with patients and health professionals.
- Interpersonal skills and a caring and sympathetic manner.
- Must possess general clinical awareness.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.