Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally.
Using this infrastructure in reverse, the…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Safety and Loss Control Supervisor, Ahoada
- Fulfillment Supervisor
- Method of Application
Safety and Loss Control Supervisor, Ahoada
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Rivers
- City Port Harcourt
- Job Field Security / Intelligence
- Provides overall coordination and management of loss control and security Staff at the assigned Warehouse.
- He/she is in charge of ensuring effective Loss Control Management systems and reporting at the branch and ensure optimization of all security inputs.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Effective shift management and supervision of all loss control & security staff in the store.
- Proactive approach towards loss minimization.
- Timely capturing and submission of branch loss control comprehensive reports.
- Propper implementation of company standard operating procedures especially security-related.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all loss control and security staff in the assigned warehouse to ensure the company rules, policies and standard operating procedures are always followed by everyone.
- Identify hazards and security risks in the warehouse and raise them to management for necessary action.
- Train your team and always keep it motivated and focused on attaining set goals and beyond.
- Conduct third-party vehicle inspections on weekly basis and maintain records for the same.
- Reconcile all TRQs as will be shared from HQ against branch records and submit report on any matters arising on daily basis.
- Monitor compliance with standard operating procedures for loss prevention, physical security, or risk management.
- Investigate known or suspected internal & external theft, or vendor fraud.
- Collaborate with law enforcement agencies to report or investigate crimes within the assigned branch.
- Testify in civil or criminal court proceedings when called upon by management.
- Conduct store audits to identify problem areas or procedural deficiencies e.g. alarm system, perimeter walls, store arrangements, CCTV etc.
- Identify and report merchandise or stock shortages/stock-outs to the warehouse management team for necessary action.
- Maintain documentation or reports on loss prevention-related incidents.
- Perform covert surveillance and of areas susceptible to loss, such as receiving areas, Dispatch areas, stock room, refuelling areas, and driver delivery points.
- Prepare and submit written reports on loss control investigations as they arise.
- Verify proper functioning of physical security systems, such as closed-circuit televisions, alarms or locks and shutters.
- Conduct third checks on stocks being delivered by suppliers to detect or deter any form of collusion to under-receive.
- Identify and report safety concerns to maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
- Form, chair and maintain a fire and safety team in the warehouse
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information for the company
- Report all unethical behaviour in the warehouse to the company top management.
- A Diploma in security or criminology or any other related course
- Computer Literacy is mandatory.
- 2 years experience in loss prevention or security industry
- FMCG Distribution outlet set up that involves a lot of goods and vehicle movement. Data and all dispatch documents are displayed and maintained on a digital platform thus this heavily requires conversance with IT.
Skills & Competencies:
- Leadership skills
- Computer skills
- Detail-oriented, preventative outlook and vigilant
- Good physical condition, as this position may require a lot of walking and standing
- Team player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Observational and Analytical skills
- Interrogative skills
- Understanding safety processes and procedures
- Ability to respond well to emergency situations
- Good character beyond reproach, high integrity and a clean criminal record
- Can Work under minimal supervision
- Objective mind and result oriented
- Must be physically fit.
- Must Uphold proper personal grooming
go to method of application »
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Bauchi , Plateau
- Job Field Logistics
- Manage the frontline fulfilment process in the market as part of delivering its overall operational objectives.
- You will be responsible for the day-to-day warehousing and dispatch operations for the market to ensure the company’s targets and objectives on inventory and order fulfilment processes are met.
- Guarantee operational processes and standards are followed and oversee all housekeeping standards while driving continuous improvement at the market level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Inbound outbound Management: Responsible for both inbound and outbound operations of the market. Assure on-time in full deliveries as the set company targets and assure the defined warehousing and dispatch costs are maintained per set targets. Ensure customer orders are fulfilled in a timely, precise manner including management of customer returns per the agreed standards.
- Inventory Management: Deliver 100% Inventory Accuracy while working with the defined stakeholders to minimize stock-outs and damages while driving proper stock handling to minimize losses in damages.
- Operational Excellence: Lead identification and closure of Continuous Improvement Initiatives within the framework of Lean Principles within the warehouse. Execute all operations activities such as stock taking, physical inventory count, inventory accuracy in allocation, consumption levels, and order fulfilment. Actively engage in route planning and delivery schedules to ensure all deliveries and completed within the allocated delivery windows.
- People Management: Coach and manage associates (from third-party providers) to deliver shared objectives. Ensure the completion of daily tasks and responsibilities; resolve issues preventing the completion of tasks. Build a team philosophy and cultivate a team atmosphere by working with the team to achieve the company’s targets and objectives. Train new employees in company policies and procedures, as well as product knowledge. Inculcate the company culture among team members and third-party partners and providers.
- Compliance: Assure compliance to Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and any identified requirements; compliance to all laid down Fulfilment SOPs and associated business processes.
- Reporting: Develop and present reports on inventory accuracy, order fulfilment, transport costs for the market, and order cancellation among other key aspects in warehousing & dispatch.
- A minimum of five years of experience in supply chain management (warehousing & dispatch) in a busy-paced environment;
- At least 2 years experience in a Supervisory role;
- Bachelor’s degree (or Diploma with at least 3 years demonstrated progressive career growth) in Sciences, Engineering, Computing, Economics, Supply Chain, Accounting, and Analytics;
- Knowledge of inventory and supply chain management;
- Tech Savvy and proficient in warehousing systems, data entry software/systems, and computer systems including Microsoft Suite;
- Membership in an appropriate professional body is an added advantage;
- Physical stamina, ability to work long hours on one’s feet;
- Excellent organization and efficient time-management skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
- Experience in an FMCG or Retail background is preferred;
- Demonstrated experience handling route planning and mapping to yield maximum returns;
- An open-minded professional who pays keen attention to detail;
- Strong numerical, data, and root cause analysis skills;
- Calm under pressure; able to prioritize multiple competing demands;
- Always learning; passionate about lean thinking and principles.
- Operational Excellence;
- Analytical Mindset;
- Attention to Detail;
- People Management;
- Tech Savvy.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.