Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclu…
Read more about this company
Country Programme Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit  , Project Management
The Country Programme Manager is responsible and accountable for the programme components of CBM Global’s Country Plan. As the leader of the Programme team in country, this is a central and strategic role. Success requires working in close collaboration with partners, Technical and Member Teams to develop, win support for and ensure effective delivery of a growing portfolio of programme work, across all three vehicles of change detailed in the organisation’s programmatic strategy. S/he will ensure high standards, in line with our Programme Quality Framework and the development and maintenance of effective and authentic partnerships in line with our Approach to Partnership. S/he will establish strong capacity in all aspects of the project cycle: project design, proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning within CBM Global’s Country Office and partners.
Based: We welcome applications from those who live and have the right to work in Abuja, Nigeria
Hours: Permanent, full-time
Salary range: The salary offered will be competitive, dependent on skills and experience. We offer a local contract
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a member of the Country Programme Senior Management Team, support the Country Director with the overall leadership of the Country Programme.
- Provide programmatic leadership in the development and implementation of the Country Plan.
- Lead the Programmes team within the country Team. Clearly articulate a compelling vision and direction for the team. Inspire and direct the team towards achieving this vision. Build team performance through management, coaching and mentoring.
- Build and maintain authentic partnerships with stakeholders, in particular with the disability movement, ensuring our work reflects and is responsive to the needs of people with disabilities. Foster a model and approach to partnership that aligns with and supports our partnership principles.
- Working with partners, Technical and Member Teams, lead the development of a coherent and balanced portfolio of programme work, across all vehicles of change detailed in CBM Global’s programmatic strategy. Champion an approach that embraces CBM Global’s operating model; programme quality framework; and partnership with the disability movement.
- Identify funding opportunities for CBM Global’s work. Actively support fundraising and cost recovery and raise funds from in-country sources.
- Work with and support partners to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects in line with required standards, objectives, activity plans, budgets and compliance requirements. Ensure project reporting requirements are met in line with CBM Global and donor requirements, standards and timelines.
- Foster a culture of learning and accountability by promoting the inclusion of good monitoring, evaluation, feedback and learning practices within projects. Support learning dissemination, and documentation of good practice cases.
- Support the Finance Manager to ensure that programme and financial aspects of project design, budgeting and implementation go together.
- Monitor in-country calls for proposals from institutional donors and support the Country Director in building focused relationships with representatives of such donors and other NGOs with whom CBM Global can collaborate.
- Advocate, champion and model disability inclusion to promote inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
- Ensure that all children and adults who come into contact with CBM Global’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible. Comply with all aspects of the CBM Global Safeguarding policy and associated standards and procedures.
Understands what safeguarding means for the teams / departments they manage and the work they do. Understands power imbalances and ways in which team/organisational culture may be reinforcing negative stereotypes and biases, and the impact of these dynamics on the vulnerable and marginalised.
Leads teams to develop the necessary skills and expertise to undertake their roles and responsibilities for safeguarding. Explicitly and visibly challenges power imbalances, inequalities, gender bias and discrimination in organisational systems and processes. Leads on organisational change within their teams to embed safeguarding in their work and processes. Develops indicators and frameworks for measuring how well teams are delivering on roles and responsibilities for safeguarding. Creates organisational mechanisms which strengthen accountability to communities, Members and donors on safeguarding.
Holds teams accountable for delivering on safeguarding standards. Articulates and promotes the strategic importance of safeguarding in all aspects of the organisation’s work. Demonstrates leadership in ensuring that staff, programmes and operations are safe for all programme participants, staff and volunteers.
Key outcomes expected from this role
- A coherent, balanced and growing portfolio of programmes, aligned to the country plan and organisation programmatic strategy that is developed and delivered to an exemplary standard, achieving agreed outcomes and impact.
- A high performing, well organised and agile programmes team with a culture that reflects CBM Global’s values and champions the foundation principles detailed in the Operating Model.
- Authentic and effective partnerships, developed and maintained in line with CBM Global’s approach to partnership.
- Compliance with CBM Global procedures and standards relating to project design, implementation, monitoring, reporting, evaluation and learning.
- CBM Global and its work with partners is recognised as a driving force for promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
- All of the following requirements are essential, unless marked with a * when they are desirable.
CBM Global welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and people with lived experience of disability.
- Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 3 years at senior level, with a track record in successfully developing and delivering an overall programmatic strategy – with an appropriate portfolio of projects/programmes and partnerships.
- Proven experience successfully leading and managing a programmes team and of ensuring good collaboration and coordination between the programmes team and other teams within the organisation (e.g. Finance team)
- Experience and a track record in developing and managing large scale inclusive development and/or humanitarian programmes in collaboration with national partners, including consortium led projects.
- Experience and a track record of identifying fundraising opportunities; successfully securing grants from donor organisations and of building productive relationships with donors.
- Thorough understanding and proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including project assessment and design; all aspects of poroject planning; logframes, monitoring and evaluation; budgeting and programme finance management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships particularly with national / local governments.
- Experience in working with various government/bi-lateral/major institutional donors
- Strong experience in all aspects of programmes related compliance and procedures and of achieving high operational standards across the team and with partners.
- Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Strong planning and organisation skills with a methodical and structured approach
- Excellent project management skills, with a strong ability to organise and coordinate the timely delivery of complex tasks and projects.
- Attention to detail, strong completer finisher, diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Skilled in building collaborative relationships with partners and stakeholders, internal and external.
- A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to demonstrate focus and decisiveness.
- Passionate about effecting change at a global level for and alongside people with disabilities and their communities, with a deep commitment to the vision of CBM Global and sympathetic to our Christian values.
- English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).
- Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage. *
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, international development or related field, or equivalent experience.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.