Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Representing upstream in exploration, offshore and onshore production, as well as downstream in refining and petrochemicals, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is dedicated to addressing the emerging human, technological and environmental challenges involved in maintaining and operating new oil and gas fields.
Our success is built on over 40 years of rich histor…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- ... holder is responsible for Pre-award preparation, negotiation, award and monitoring the administration of Contracts for works/goods/services in such a manner as to ensure the Company’s best commercial interests are both served and protected, while monitoring relevant markets and supporting contractor performance management.
- Organize and control all process based activities relating to offshore service contracts in assigned portfolio including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issues of ITT, analysis of tenders, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Proactively work with the metier partners (Technical Duets) to build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance by participating in contract performance management activities.
- Liaise closely with the relevant Global Category Manager to locally deploy TGP strategy and comply with TGP governance.
- Actively pursue contracting synergy opportunities for all business requirement.
- Actively contribute to the 3C program by delivery of costs savings without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide proactive and timely advice and support to internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to Contracts & Procurement, including operating as a ‘Duet’ with the technical counterpart to promote effective contract planning, management and performance.
- Utilize approved standard contract documentation and ensure compliance with standard contracting principles during negotiations.
- Comply with all applicable Supply Chain rules, governance and process.
- Ensure that contractor / supplier selection is carried out in accordance with Company requirements and Compliance Programme and that safety and environmental assessments are part of the selection process.
- Mitigate project risk through pro-active management and negotiation of contractual disputes. Support settlement of claims, in conjunction with senior management and Legal, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating in negotiations.
- Contribute to the process of continuous improvement, including participation in and promotion of Lean initiatives and adoption and sharing of best practice.
- Prepare and Present (where required) Contracts Committee presentations.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSEQ Policy and actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSEQ standards.
- Effectively and Efficiently use all Supply Chain Tools (SAP, E-Sourcing, AGORA, Etc.) to ensure all required information is available in a timely manner and fully auditable.
- Ensure information of portfolio is systematically updated in the Master Procurement Plan while maintaining an up to date contract portfolio status
- Educated to Degree level or Masters Level – Engineering, Law or Business
- 7-10 years experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
- Fluent in English Language
- Ideally hold a professional contracts or supply chain qualification (CIPS, IACCM or similar).
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in drafting, and negotiation of Drilling/Logistics/Projects/Geoscience contracts as well as contractual strategy preparation, CFT management, RTA issue and Contracts Committee.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross‐functionally with other departments in a dynamic business environment.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of Legal, Commercial and Insurance aspects of contracts
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing negotiations, supplier management and contract management.
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and other stakeholder representatives to influence decisions or ways of working.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Reasonable knowledge of SAP tool
- Minimum level of experience required: 6 years or more
- Medical Certificate
- English (C-Professional working proficiency).
What can we offer you?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.