Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Grand Cereals Limited (GCL) is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials, with leading brands in the Cereals, Vegetable Oil and Animal Feed categories.
In 1997 UAC of Nigeria Plc acquired a major shareholding in Grand Cereals Limited, located on a 16-acre site at Kilometre 17, Zawan Round…
Read more about this company
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Plateau
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Responsible for directing, leading, and overseeing all financial activities of the company and ensuring compliance with corporate governance requirements and in the business planning, accounting, and budgeting efforts of the business.
- Provide the Managing Director and Management Team with expert advice and support regarding financial management and control.
- Responsible for conducting annual budgeting and monthly reviews. Ensure the appropriateness of the key assumptions included in financial plans and annual budget proposals. Identify and highlight potential areas of concern in a timely manner.
- Manage all financial activities, including cost analysis, capital expenditures, working capital, cash flow management and tax planning. Work with the corporate team or other defined units in the establishment of appropriate policies in these areas.
- To advise management on the financial implications of proposals and be proactive in decision-making and implementation.
- To co-ordinate the preparation of Annual Estimates, Long Term Plan etc., review and monitor actual performance against plans.
- Reduction of the company’s business and operational risks by procuring and managing insurance policies at competitive costs.
- Advise on the economic viability and financial implications of marketing decisions in the areas of channel development, product mix, promotion etc.
- To prepare Board Reports for the Managing Director’s review and attend Board Meetings. Also, organize relevant documents in liaison with the Company Secretary.
- To provide all necessary information that aids the Board in making operational and strategic decisions.
- To evaluate and advise on the viability of new investment proposals at both Management and board levels. Also, prepare Capital Expenditure/Revenue proposals with sound justification and reliable information.
- Maintain credible and foolproof systems of bookkeeping and financial reporting that will ensure that companies’ assets and liabilities are completely and accurately recorded and that information generated there meets the needs of various users.
- Ensure that the company’s trade debtors are managed through strict implementation of approved credit policy.
- Ensure that the company’s operations and financial reporting systems comply with relevant statutory and regulating requirements
- Ensure that the company’s working capital is maintained at an optimal level to attain the twin objectives of profitability and liquidity.
- Provide quality commercial support for the Sales team to ensure that the company retains the patronage and loyalty of its customers
- Train, develop and upgrade the competencies of commercial personnel for rapid career progression.
- Carry out other jobs as may be assigned by management.
- First Degree in Accounting
- 10-year experience
- Reputable manufacturing company with recognized professional accounting qualifications (ACA, CPA, ACCA )
- Professional Qualifications – ICAN, ACA, CPA, ACCA,
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Self-confidence and integrity,
- Good at information management,
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills,
- Leadership Skill
- Innovative and creativity
- Externally oriented
- Sound analytical skills and business knowledge
- Good at customer management.
- Maintain standard and group accounting policies and procedures.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send their CVs to [email protected]. The subject of your email should have the position you are applying for.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.