Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross a…
Read more about this company
Cash and Market Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 4 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit  , NGO/Non-Profit
- Under the direct supervision of the Cash and Market Specialist 3, the Cash and Market (C&M) Specialist is a key focal point for all cash-based interventions including but not limited to Multi- Purpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), Micro Economic Initiative (MEIs), Cash for Livelihoods (CFL), Cash for Work (CFW), Cash for livestock and Cash for Agro inputs as well as cash for sectoral outcomes like Protection, Nutrition, etc.
- S/he will also be responsible for market-analysis and monitoring within the EcoSec Unit and hence responsible for overall best practices in line with standard operating procedures, thematic and technical guidance in relation to EcoSec CTP.
- S/he is amongst key reference person for all on-site technical and capacity building support with regards to cash transfers and market analysis for the EcoSec.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with EcoSec field team to ensure that implementation of cash- based intervention is adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Troubleshooting and provide technical support to field team for implementation of cash- based activities.
- Manages and lead market assessments, market price monitoring, post distribution monitoring and any other assessment/ monitoring required for cash- based activities along with EcoSec field teams and with support and guidance from supervisor.
- Maintains a close working relationship with Cash Log, FAD and A&E colleagues for beneficiary data analysis on device magic, duplication check, proper documentation and required information on tools for cash transfer following standard operating procedures of cash transfer.
- Provides coaching on Red Rose or on any other technical solution adopted by EcoSec to the field teams.
- Assessment of Financial Service Providers (FSP) along with Cash Log and FAD as and when required following the ICRC standard tools and procedures.
- Troubleshoots internal process flows with the support of the Cash and market delegate and coordinator in line with SOPs with respect to Cash Transfer Program (CTP) Modalities.
- Centralisation of all CTP payment requests across sub-delegation ensuring early preparedness from respective officers in charge to effectively and efficiently initiate accurate SRs with the right account codes, amount of transfer and distribution plans in place.
- Provides inputs to the EcoSec Strategic and Operational plans with regards to CTP and market analysis as appropriate in aspects that could further enhance multiplier effects, use cases and early recoveries in line with the global financial inclusion strategies and market systems.
- Monitors monthly Cash and Voucher expenditure and reporting on EcoSec CTP tracker while supporting CTP Delegate in charge.
- Ensures development of potential collaborations and working relationship with organizations, networks and other mechanisms on cash assistance and market analysis via Cash-Working-Groups (CWG). Constantly identifying FSPs of interest and making recommendations based on industry technical knowhow and experience as has been done till date.
- Represents EcoSec and ICRC in national and sub national Cash Working Group (CWG) meetings as and when required
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, or related field
- At least 2 to 4 years’ experience of implementing cash-based assistance.
- Highly proficient with Excel, word and PPT, desirable to have analytical skills of using statistical software like SPSS, Red Rose, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Hausa language.
Desired profile and Skills
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Adaptable, multitasker and good in time management
- Demonstrated capacity for high level representational work and record of excellent teamwork.
- Proficient in report writing and documentation.
Method of Application
Send Curriculum vitae, and Certificates to [email protected]g Clearly indicate “ABJ202300398 Cash and Market Specialist ABJ” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role that disregard the online application form will not be taken into consideration)
Interested and qualified? Go to ICRC – International Committee of the Red Cross on forms.office.com to apply
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.