Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc was incorporated in September 1960 as a private limited liability company, and commenced operations in 1962 with an installed capacity of 600 metric tons per day. The Company was converted to a public limited liability company in 1978, and its shares were subsequently listed on The Nigerian Stock Exchange.
In its 54 year history…
Read more about this company
Budget Controller (Corporate Head Office)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- City Apapa
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Purpose of the Job
- The budget controller will be responsible for managing and overseeing FMN’s Group financial planning and budgeting processses.
- Conducting financial analysis to identify trends, variances, and potential cost- saving opportunities.
- Ensuring CHO costs are initiated according to company policy and department budget, recorded correctly, and reviewed against LE and budget targets.
- Working closely with the CHO budget holder as well as conducting monthly reviews to ensure variances are identified and corrected in order to meet yearly objectives.
- Conducting monthly reviews of group projects to ensure budget adherence and proper P&L cost/intangible asset capitalization.
- Analyzing the Group’s indirect costs to ensure a thorough understanding of cost drivers and the identification of business units that are above budget.
- Assisting with the consolidation of cost-saving initiatives across the group by reviewing and analyzing actuals versus targets and working closely with the Procurement team to identify, cost, and begin cost-saving projects.
- Collaborating with department heads and other stakeholders to gather budget input and ensure alignment with the Groups goal
The Person Must:
- Have effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have proficiency in financial analysis techniques to evaluate data, identify trends and make informed decisions based on financial insights.
- Have strong understanding of budgeting principles and techniques, including creating, monitoring and adjusting budgets as needed.
- Have proficiency in using financial software and tools to collect, organize and analyze financial data.
- Have meticulous attention to detail when preparing budgets, monitoring expenses, and conducting financial analysis
- B.Sc / HND in Finance or related course.
- Professional certification (ICAN, ACCA) is an added advantage.
- 7-10 years related experience working in an FCMG sector.
- Have experience with accounting software and data entry.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.