iQOO has officially introduced iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro smartphones in China, as it had promised. The phones pack a 6.78-inch screen. The iQOO 12 has a flat 1.5K OLED screen with 2160Hz PWM dimming and the 12 Pro has a Quad HD+ Samsung E7 AMOLED curved screen with 1440Hz PWM dimming.
Both these feature peak brightness of up to 3000 nits, variable refresh rate of 144Hz with LTPO tech. The phones have the most powerful ultra-wide vibration motor and symmetrical three-dimensional dual speakers, says iQOO.
The phones are powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC and feature Q1 Self-developed chip. This offers frame sensing technology, real-time monitoring of load, precise scheduling and distribution, and matching large, medium and small cores for game threads with different load requirements. Even after 1 hour of gaming in ultra-high definition, the maximum temperature reached only 40.5°C, says the company.
The VAPT Adaptive Mode can be turned on with one click to control power consumption and bring a more stable frame rate experience. These have an aviation aluminum middle frame, the largest 6K ultra-large VC vapor chamber in iQOO’s history, and 11 temperature sensors to monitor the temperature changes of the entire device in real time, with efficient performance scheduling and excellent heat dissipation.
The phones feature a 50MP 1/1.3-inch main camera, 50-megapixel ultra-wide-angle and 64-megapixel 3x periscope telephoto camera. There is Handheld starry sky mode, light-tracing main camera, with AIPD extreme night focusing technology that can quickly find stars in extreme night environments. These use second-generation OIS anti-shake technology, reaching CIPA 4.5 level, and use multi-frame fusion algorithm and bionic night sky algorithm for the best sky shots in seconds.
The new “Super Graphite Battery” uses the negative electrode graphite reconstruction technology, combined with multiple electrode plate cold pressing technology, to further increase energy density and increase discharge capacity. The phones pack a 5000mAh battery with support for 120W fast charging and 50W wireless charging.
iQOO 12 and iQOO 12 Pro specifications
- iQOO 12- 6.78-inch (2800 × 1260 pixels) 1.5K flat LTPO AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 144Hz variable refresh rate, up to 1400 nits brightness in HBM mode, up to 3000 nits peak brightness, 2160Hz PWM dimming
- iQOO 12 Pro – 6.78-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ curved E7 LTPO AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 144Hz variable refresh rate, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1600 nits brightness in HBM mode, up to 3000 nits peak brightness, 1440Hz PWM dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 750 GPU
- 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 14 with OriginOS 4.0 (China) / Funtouch OS 14 (Global)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with Omnivision OV50H sensor, f/1.68 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 50MP 150° ultra-wide-angle camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 64MP 3x telephoto camera with f/2.57 aperture, Omnivision OV64B sensor, OIS, up to 100x digital zoom, V3 imaging chip
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display (Ultrasonic in 12 Pro) fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Hi-Fi audio
- iQOO 12 Dimensions: 163.22× 75.88×8.10mm (Legend / Track Edition) / 8.35mm (Red edition);Weight: 203.7g (Legend / Track Edition) / 198.5g (Red edition)
- iQOO 12 Pro Dimensions: 164.63× 75.4×8.58mm (Legend / Track Edition) / 8.75mm (Red edition);Weight: 210g (Legend / Track Edition) / 205g (Red edition)
- Dust and Water resitance (IP68) in iQOO 12 Pro only
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 7 802.11 be, Bluetooth 5.4, GPS：L1+L5，B1C+B1I+B2a, GLONASS：G1 Galileo：E1+E5a，QZSS：L1+L5, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (iQOO 12) / 5100mAh (iQOO 12 Pro) battery with 120W ultra-fast flash charging, 50W wireless charging and 10W reverse wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The iQOO 12 and 12 Pro come in Legend Edition in White with BMW logo, Track Edition in black, both with a glass back and Red edition with a leather-like finish on the back.
- iQOO 12 12GB+256GB – 3999 yuan (USD 549 / Rs. 45,715 approx.)
- iQOO 12 16GB+512GB – 4299 yuan (USD 590 / Rs. 49,915 approx.)
- iQOO 12 16GB+1TB – 4699 yuan (USD 645 / Rs. 54,560 approx.)
- iQOO 12 Pro 16GB+256GB – 4999 yuan (USD 686 / Rs. 58,045 approx.)
- iQOO 12 Pro 16GB+512GB – 5499 yuan (USD 754 / Rs. 62,860 approx.)
- iQOO 12 16GB+1TB – 5999 yuan (USD 823 / Rs. 68,575 approx.)
The phones will be available to order from November 14th and will go on sale in China starting from November 24th.